Cat cafés have already become a world-wide phenomenon with similar businesses opening here and there. There are some in Korea and even in the Philippines, we’ve been definitely bitten (or scratch) by this (meow) bug . There are plenty of thing we want you to remember before introducing our favourite cat cafés in Tokyo and even outside Tokyo. First, always remove your shoes before entering (when you’re in Japan, do as the Japanese do). Second, wash your hands carefully before and after entering the cat area. Third, you can take photos but flash photography is strictly prohibited. Take note, pets are not usually allowed inside Japanese apartments. That explains everything!
1. Cat Café Calico in Shinjuku – They have 50 cats, the most we’ve encountered.. ever. Find out more about Kaila’s cat café experience on this post.
Address: 1-16-2 Kabukichō, Shinjuku-ku
Google Maps: 新宿区歌舞伎町1-16-2
Business Hours: 10:00am to 10:00pm
Telephone Number: 03-6457-6387
2. Cateriam Cat Café in Shimokitazawa – Since it’s always packed every time we try to visit, we dare you to try.
Google Maps: 155-0031 Tokyo, Setagaya 北沢２丁目２６−６ モンブランビル２F
Telephone Number: 03-3468-8114
3. Temari no Ouchi in Kichijoji – When you have cakes and cats, what else could you ask for? Oh, let’s add this dreamiest café setting to it’s charm. Find out more about it at our friend, Laura’s blog post.
Address: Check their website
Business Hours: 10:00am to 9:00pm
Telephone Number: 0422-23-5503
4. Cat Café Nekorobi in Ikebukuro – What is a Sunshine City without cats? Rates are ¥1,100 for the first hour on weekdays and ¥1,300 for weekends and holidays.
Google Maps:東池袋１-２８-１ タクトT.Oビル 301号室
Business Hours: 11:00am to 10:00pm
Telephone Number: 03-6228-0646
5. Cat Café Nyanny in Kobe -BONUS! Not in Tokyo.. For only ¥1000, you’ll feel so relaxed after. Find out more about Ashley’s cat café experience on this post.
Google Maps: 兵庫県神戸市中央区元町通2-6-11徳永ビル3F
Business Hours: 11:00am – 10:00pm
Telephone Number: Number: 078-391-5420